Please find details on the topic and guidelines for Chinmaya MetroWest, Essay Writing Competition for 2016 – 2017.
Topic and Guidelines:
Let us find out everything about the life of this saint – his early life, his education, his time with Pujya Gurudev Swami Chinmayananda, his service to the mission, his mastery of Vedanta, his ability to teach and inspire, his poetry and his leadership.
Pre-K – Grade 2 : ” Pujya Guruji Swami Tejomayanada through Art”.
The Children in this age group are encouraged to draw pictures or create artwork about the life of Pujya Guruji Swami Tejomayananda.
Inspire your children to be as creative and elaborate as they wish to be. These spectacular pieces of art will be sent in original form or photographs or scanned images to Pujya Guruji.This group will not be evaluated as competition
All other grades (Grade 3rd – 12th) will have the following Essay Writing Competition
The mere presence of Pujya Shri Swami Tejomayananda (affectionately known as Guruji) radiates a feeling of warmth and love, and upon meeting him, it’s hard to believe that a being so down to earth, so humble, and so accessible, is the head of a vast organization with over 300 centres worldwide. Along with being a dynamic worker and an able administrator.
What can we learn from his life? How can we emulate in small ways? As he is moving to the next stage from being the head of Chinmaya Mission Worldwide in early 2017, How will we miss him? What can we promise him about our commitment to the motto of Chinmaya Mission – “To give maximum happiness to the maximum number for the maximum time”.
Some of these spectacular writing will be sent in original form to Pujya Guruji after the evaluations are done by the judges.
3rd – 5th Grade : Under 250 Words
6th – 8th Grade : Under 500 Words
9th – 12th Grade : Under 500 Words
1. Only 1 entry per child.
2. Use of copyrighted material or any form of plagiarism is prohibited.
3. Parents are encouraged to only guide their children.
4. For Essays – Include the child’s full name, grade and parent’s email address on a separate sheet stapled to the essay.
5. Entries can be handwritten or typed. Only Hard Copies will be accepted.
6. Essays can be dropped in a box that will be arranged at the center.
7. Last date for acceptance of entries
Feb 5, 2017 before 5:00 pm.
1. Reverence and respect to Pujya Guruji
2. Originality, Creativity and Artistic Merit